Catalog Upload for Additional Attributes
Fields in the Additional Attributes catalog upload are described in the table below.
|Column Name||Description||Required||Max Length||Sample Value||Notes|
|part_number ('sku' is also supported)||This is the Suppliers Part Number||Yes||40||1010||
Use the part number that your customer would search for. Any keyboard-accessible characters are OK, but no "extended characters" (eg: ®, ™, ½, “curly quotes”, etc. THIS APPLIES TO ALL DATA IN THE FILE. USE HTML EQUIVALENT LIKE "®" IF NECESSARY).
|attribute_type||This is the Type of attribute being uploaded||Yes||N/A||attribute||
Not all attribute types will be utilized. BuyerQuest advises to use all that apply in order to provide rich content. Please reference the "Acceptable Attribute Types" table below for more information around acceptced values.
Note: Attributes that do not exist in the system will be rejected.
|attribute_name||This is the display name for attribute being uploaded||No||N/A||Color|
|attribute_value||This is the value of the row||Yes||N/A||
|attribute_name_<store view code>||This is the display name for attribute being uploaded followed by the storeview code which represents the language code||No||N/A||Couleur||<store view> has the following format <language code>_<region code>|
|attribute_value_<store view code>||This is the value of the row followed by the storeview code which represents the language code||No||N/A||noir||<store view> has the following format <language code>_<region code>|
Acceptable Attribute Types:
|attribute_type||Description||attribute_name Sample||attribute_value Sample|
|image||Additional product images. Images can be provided in any of the following formats. (https link, JPEG, PNG, GIF)||Secondary -Side||abc123-side.jpg|
|This is used for Attachments||Operation Manual||abc123 manual.pdf|
|attribute||Product specific attributes||Screen Size||20in|
|related||Products that can be purchased with the associated SKU (example: buying a phone, related product is a headset)||CDE1234|
|cross_sell||Example: products that user who bought product A often buy product B||ZZZ1111|
|up_sell||Example: buying phone, may want a phone case.||DDD1234|
|diagram||Example: image of replacement part diagram||Part Diagram||http://images.supplier.com/images/abc123-diagram.jpg
|replacement_part||Replacement parts can be purchased with associated Sku||1||ABC123-12-A|
|kit||Items that will be purchased as a bundle||Computer Kit 1||XYZ2124|
|bundle||Items that will be purchased as a bundle||Computer Kit 1||XYZ2124|
Additional Attributes Template
Multilingual Additional Attributes
There are two values that are modified for additional languages in the Custom Options file:
These language-specific columns are added at the end of the Additional Attributes file. There is no limit to the number of language specific columns that can be added.
An example the multilingual 'attribute_name' column.
attribute_name_<store view code> = The <store view code> is recommended to be <language code>_<region code>. Eg. attribute_name_fr_FR and attribute_value_fr_FR for attribute_value
Note: An Admin is able to change these multilingual columns directly from the Admin control panel by navigating to Menu > Catalogs > Manage Products.
1. User has valid Catalog type = Additional Attributes file ready for upload (See Sample referenced above)
2. Supplier User has Catalog ASL permissions turned on
New Additional Attributes uploading Flow:
1. Open frontend and login as Supplier User (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org :: bquest1)
2. Go to Buyerquest Network > Catalogs > Upload Catalog > Upload Catalog Update
3. Attach valid Catalog type = Additional Attributes file
4. Fill in Title field and select File Type = Additional Attributes
5. Click Submit Catalog Update
6. Verify new CAT-XXX record of Validation Completed status appears on Catalog Updates grid
7. Verify CAT-XXX status changes from Validation Completed to Live after passing validation
8. Go to /control > Menu > Catalog > Manage Attributes> Attributes > and verify attribute you have just uploaded is available
9. Go to /control> Menu > Catalog > Products > open product item you have uploaded attributes for (eg: MB829LL/A)
10. Under Additional Attributes tab verify if uploaded attribute is present
11. On frontend find a product item with assigned attribute (eg: MB829LL/A) and verify attribute value is present
NOTE: You should download only the list of supported attributes in the supplier portal otherwise you get an error message in the Validation report file