The item name will be the first piece of information that a user sees within the search results. The item name should represent a high level description of the item. The description of the item consists of noun(s) followed by attributes, separated by commas all in sentence case and must be limited to 40 characters or less.
The item short description is an elaboration of the item name. It is recommended that the short description be used to briefly summarize the item with one short sentence or statement in sentence case. A good practice is to include the manufacturer name within the short description (if applicable). Acronyms, if used should be spelled out. The short description should not be the same as the item name. The short description can be up to 255 characters.
The item long description is used for an elaborate description of the item. The long description needs to elaborate on the short description with detailed product or service information that may include product specifications and listed attributes. Acronyms, if used should be spelled out. The long description should not be the same as the item name or short description. A key feature of the long description is that HTML is supported. You have up to unlimited number characters for the long description.
The user needs to have the ability to easily identify the item they are purchasing, therefore: EVERY ITEM IS REQUIRED TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE IMAGE.
The images need to be either provided as an HTTPS URL within the catalog file or as an image file with the name referenced in the catalog file. Images need to adhere to the list of quality standards below.
Best Practices for Image URLs
- Do not provide leading or trailing spaces within the URL.
- Ensure there are no back slashes "\" found within the URL.
- The image extension (i.e. .jpg) must be at the end of the URL.
- There should not be any HTML on the image page; just a downloadable image.
- www. is not required in the URL, but HTTP:// or HTTPS:// is required.
Product Image Type - Standards in Order of Priority
- High quality image of the item
- Manufacturer logo
- Supplier logo
Service Image Type - Standards in Order of Priority
- High quality image that represents the service - Meets all quality standards
- Supplier logo
Image Size, Resolution, and Quality Standards
- 500 x 500 pixels at 150 dpi. Alternatively, 1000 x 1000 pixels at 72 dpi.
- White background is preferred.
- No additional text or watermarks within the image.
- Product correctly positioned within the image frame.
- Accepted file types: JPEG, JPG, PNG and GIF.
While there is no specific version that you need to adhere to, please refer to client-allowed UNSPSC codes for a given implementation of BuyerQuest.
All items must have a UNSPSC code at the class or commodity level (i.e. UNSPSC codes should not end with 0000 or 000000).